You're so Cute!!!

This was a funny experience that happened when we went to the Lion King--I had bought a new dress (bright red), as I mentioned in my last post, and was excited to get all cute for our hot date. As we were getting ready to go in, I heard someone say, "Jewel?" I turned, and it ended up being some very good friends of my family's who I had known in Snowflake--we've known each other about 10 years now, but it's been a while since I've seen them. I used to babysit their kids, the mom was good friends with my mom, etc. Such a surprise to see them--so I introduced them to Steve, and we had a fun conversation before the play started.

As we were talking, Mary (my mom's good friend) said, "You know, I noticed you earlier, but I didn't recognize that it was you--you know, no one looks at your face right now!"

It's true. Every time people see me, they always drop their eyes to my tummy (sometimes accompanied by the tummy pat) and say, "You look so cute today!!" I love it--no matter how gross or nasty I feel, I still get to be "cute," because I'm HUGE. I almost feel bad for milking it so much, but then I remind myself, "this is probably the only time it's socially acceptable to be fat and cute at the same time--own it!" So I do. Or, at least I try.

Comments

Steve said…
Jewel! You have a blog, and I didn't even know it. But now I do. It's so neat to see how things are going for you and Steve.
Pam said…
Jewel, well duh everybody is going to say your so cute...you are!!!!!!
~Molly~
You are very cute... and lucky you don't work with middle schoolers every day! I love my students, but they are less tactful than most. Instead of "cute" they say things like, "You really are getting huge!" It is funny, but a little different from others' reactions! How much longer do you have?