My Testimony

I've recently had a couple of friends share with me their spiritual blogs--places where they write out their spiritual thoughts and insights to share with the world in general, or at least those people who are willing to read them. 

The thought has been pressing on my mind that it might be good for me to do the same, and I've been putting it off, because the idea of starting a (nother) blog felt overwhelming.

But the thought isn't leaving, and as I sat down at the computer to start typing again, I found this old thing.

I reformatted enough to give 'er a new coat of paint and title, and I feel that this will do very well to share my testimony, insights, and probably embarrassingly simple principles that yet again are rediscovered in new or meaningful ways. These are the thoughts and experiences I have that maybe feel a little too wordy or intimate to share through Facebook or Instagram.

So, here I go.

To start with, I want to share my testimony.

I know that God lives.  I know that He knows and loves me.  He has shown me His power and mercy and love multiple times throughout my life, and I am humbly thankful for the faith He has helped me to kindle and rekindle via both the excruciating dark and exquisitely light times I have experienced. As I have looked back over experiences, relationships, and the various twisting and turnings of my life, I see ever more clearly His guiding hand, directing the overarching momentum of my choices and circumstances. He has blessed me more than I could have ever realized or learned on my own. 

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior.  I have felt His love and saving grace in intimate moments that had me crying on the ground, unable to move on under my own power. I know that He accepts me exactly where I am.  He sees my weakness and loves me fully in it, and yet He always invites me to take the next small step forward, even when that small step is only a breath and a prayer. He is powerful and He is near. I am grateful to have an ever-deepening relationship with Him.

I know that the Holy Ghost is a gift given to God's children.  I live my life by Him.  I daily seek His company, and He guides me in the decisions I make. I am not remotely perfect, but I am undergoing the process of perfection, and as I seek to listen to and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost, I find myself becoming slowly sanctified-even through my mistakes, sins, and faults. 

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is operated under God's authority and direction.  I have personally prayed multiple times to gain a testimony of the current prophet, President Russell M. Nelson, and I have had assurances given to my heart, mind, and soul that he is guided by our Savior, Jesus Christ, in his decisions and how he leads and guides this church. I am grateful for the covenants I have been able to make and that grant me power even now as I strive to keep them. 

I know that my family relationships are eternal in nature, and how blessed I feel because of this knowledge. The depth of love and affection I feel for my husband and children, the stretching of my own nature as I have worked through my natural reactions to their humanness and their reactions to my own humanness, the growth we have experienced together would all be cruel if it were temporary. I know that life continues after death, and that our family relationships continue likewise. This knowledge gives me both strength and perspective when dealing with teenagers and toddlers alike. 

I don't pretend to be a scriptorian or a historical expert.  My opinions and thoughts are just that--opinions and thoughts based off of my own experiences and studies. But I do know what I know to be true, and I feel that even if this blog is only read by me and my family, it will be of value even so. 

Comments