Finding the Joy

A while back, after some recurring disappointments, I asked my husband for a blessing of comfort.  Along with other inspired words and promises, one phrase that stood out to me was that I would be able to "find the joy" in my life, as it currently was, rather than waiting for my prayers to be answered before finding joy.

This phrase has rung true ever since, as I have been amazed and humbly grateful for the simple beauty that has been consistently making itself manifest to me.  Things on the outside haven't changed a whit; but I have felt my heart change, and that has made all the difference.

I'm now more easily able to do things like notice and appreciate the simple beauty of a rainy Sunday afternoon:

 With the people (and animals) I love most in this entire world surrounding me.
My life is beautiful and imperfect and lovely, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Side note--Jack is literally yelling at Clark in this picture because he keeps hitting him with the lightsaber, and Calvin is fussing because he wants to go out on the lawn but doesn't want to get rained on.  Lest you think this scenario is too idyllic.

How grateful I am for truth that reminds me that I don't have to wait for some ambiguous future milestone in order to be happy, but that I can choose to be happy during the sweet moments that occur in my life as it is now.

Comments

Sarah said…
Such good pictures! I love how you can all sit out on your front porch. Thanks for the reminder that we can be happy right now. Love ya!