Tidbits

I posted about this on Facebook, but for those of you who don't know, I had a couple of major dreams come true last week.

First off, my incredibly talented friend, Sarah M. Eden, has come out with a new book, and because I was lucky enough to get to be a beta reader on it, she sent me an advance copy.
I opened to the dedicatory page, and nearly died from the excitement.

I'm so lucky to have such generous and kind friends.

In other news, I got to be a helper for Maggie's preschool class:
and then attend her graduation.  She's attending Kindergarten next year, and while I'm excited, I'm sure gonna miss the sweet teachers she's been lucky to work with through the preschool program the district has.

That night, the boys went out to Father's and Son's campout with my dad and brothers, and because Steve was working, we had a girl's night!  (Not counting Calvin.  We decided that babies were okay to have around)

Maggie was thrilled about a girl's night, and after planning it meticulously for weeks, she presented me her list of things to do on Friday.

Pedicures and manicures were absolutely a must.

We also got to have Maggie do our hair and makeup (she went for the veeeery natural look on me):

I love how focused she is:

We also did facials, hair styling, jumped on the trampoline, and made a blanket fort in her room that she got to sleep in after watching a movie on her tablet.

It was the stuff dreams are made of, at least, if you're a 5-year-old girl.

The boys also had fun, and although my dad said that the night was a little chilly, they apparently slept well and enjoyed shooting wrist rockets, air soft guns, and having water fights the next morning.

I'm grateful for a dad who lives nearby and who can take the kids to these kinds of activities even when Steve is working.  Steve felt bad about having to miss it (along with some of the other end-of-school activities), but such is the price you pay when working in the medical field.  If he didn't love it, it might be difficult, but we are blessed enough that he has a great passion for his career, and because of that, I actually feel that it's a privilege that he gets to spend these special days caring for others and helping them through.

As I've been writing this post, I've been trying to think of a theme to tie it all together, but since my end-of-school-year brain is a little bit fried, I'll just have to leave it as is and be grateful that at least it's all written now, at least!

Comments