Older Brothers

Growing up, I always wanted an older brother.  I had an older sister (whom I love), but I was always jealous of my friends who had older brothers to tease them, joke with them, be protective of them, and best of all, have cute friends whom they could have crushes on.

Needless to say, while my parents gave me several younger brothers (thanks, Mom and Dad!), I never once got that older brother, until I married into Steve's family, and inherited his older brother, Jason!

He came up to visit this last week, and it was fantastic.

I love when he comes, and obviously, the kids do, too:
It's a good thing he's a patient man.
He had fun getting to hang out with his niece and nephews, and they in turn had fun playing with him.  Calvin was especially a big fan.
Especially since Jason let him play with his hat.  I may or may not have mentioned this before, but Calvin absolutely loves hats.
Jason also brought up some of his video game systems (he knows that my boys absolutely LOVE video games, and because they have a mean mom, they don't get to play them nearly as often as they would like to), including a virtual reality set.

We all had a lot of fun with it!
Technology is so advanced, it amazes me.  It's crazy to see things in reality that I remember watching in sci-fi movies and thinking that they were never going to happen.
Although he'd originally planned to stay two nights, an emergency came up at work which meant that Jason had to leave on Tuesday afternoon, but even with the visit cut short, it was still really great to see him--we even took a quick trip to go enjoy dinner in Joe City with Andrew and Julieann, and because I'm lame, I didn't get a single picture of it! 

Pouty face.

Family time is the best.  I'm sure glad we either live close enough to see other often or have technology available to make up for the distance!

Comments