Kindergarten Luau

Every year for Mother's Day, towards the end of the school year, the kindergarten students (namely, their teachers) put on a big luau for all of their moms.  

Because Jack's luau happened to be at literally the exact same time that Steve was graduating from Nursing School, we didn't get to attend his, but we did do a special Mother-Son date instead; of course, he doesn't remember the date at all but remembers perfectly that I missed his luau.

Sometimes you just can't win, huh?

Last night was Clark's luau, and although it got a little rough sitting on the hard tile floor for an hour and a half, it was more than worth it because of the entertainment:
Look at that adorable guy!  Because my family tends towards the tall side, I'm used to having to look for my kids in the back row.  It's par for the course.

There were dances, songs, a limbo, and pineapple-coconut cake, served by my own lovely son.

He was so proud, and every so often would come up and put his arm around my side and give me a little squeeze.  I absolutely love this age.

Afterwards, we went and took a picture with his teachers, Mrs. Slade and Mrs. Sipes:

I love these women.  They work so hard for so little, and make such a difference in these kids' lives because they genuinely love them.  It's nice to know when your child feels loved by their teacher.

I was also impressed with how much work went into this whole thing--the entire room was decorated and set up in the most adorable manner, and the kids really had learned their dances ever so well, something that I know is no mean feat at that age!!  We are so lucky to have such a great school in this community.

Afterwards, we took pictures near one of the adorable backdrops:

And of course, a silly one:

Hahaha.  Clark is hilarious.

He was a little disappointed that he didn't win the limbo, but I reassured him that limbos aren't really slanted in the direction where the taller kids are likely to win, and that helped (he's actually been practicing his balance and flexibility lately, and it's cute how seriously he took that contest).

I'm so proud of this boy.  He is smart and funny and sweet, and I love when I get alone time with him.  It brings me so much joy.

Aloha!

Comments