Hooray For Five!

My daughter is five years old!

I can't believe it--all of my kids just seem to be growing up far too fast for my comfort; the other day, we went to Maverick to take advantage of their F'Reals deal (milkshakes for a dollar each), and even though the line was ridiculously long, I didn't have to corral them--the siren call of frozen sweetness was enough to keep them in line.
It's interesting to be to this stage in parenthood, and yet also to be hitting the toddler stage yet again with Calvin.  But this post isn't about him.

For Maggie's actual birthday, we didn't do much; I decorated the kitchen and her bedroom door with streamers, and then invited my in-town family over for cake and ice cream.

And to sing Happy Birthday, of course:

Maggie had requested a Barbie cake, and when I was figuring out how to form it, I jokingly suggested that we make it out of Rice Krispie Treats instead--

Maggie was a fan, so it made the entire process significantly simpler!

Not too shabby for my very first time!

...even if she does look like she's expecting.  Or maybe I'm just making a political statement and designing her to look like an actually realistic woman's figure is supposed to look.

Yeah.  That's it.

I'm so happy that my sweet, strong, happy girl is five.  She brings such joy and kindness to our family, and I'm glad to be her mom!

Happy Birthday, Mags!

Comments