Scattered Moments

Life is full of moments that get forgotten because they aren't monumental--the small, often mundane details that get overlooked but make up the majority of our lives.

This post is an attempt to capture a few of those in my recent life.

Family Home Evening is more often less of a spiritual feast and more of an all-out wrestling match.  Steve came up with a fun idea for an activity to demonstrate the need for a prophet (the Telephone Game):
And of course, it didn't go that well:

But the kids had fun.

The other morning, we finally dug up the carrots we'd planted last year and forgotten about until they started sprouting again this spring.  We found this monster, as well as several others:
And they actually tasted quite good!

I mowed our lawn for the first time last week, and Clark was so excited about it that he volunteered to mow the entire side front yard by himself!  He did a great job, too!

For Jack's baptism, Mom and Dad Busch brought Grandma Busch up to see us, and while I didn't get nearly enough pictures with them, I love the ones I did get:

Nana, taking pictures of her grandkids so she can brag on them:

Maggie and Grandma Busch especially seemed to hit it off.

Poppa and Nana supervising Jack as he opens his birthday gifts:

With much help from Clark.

They are always so generous.

Because of the lovely warm weather this spring, I've been spending a lot of time working on planting flowers, and Maggie decided to help me one morning while her brothers were at school.  Note Perry lying on the sidewalk in the background--he has a cone on because he got a scratch on his face, couldn't leave it alone, and now it's huge and infected.  Poor guy.

The boys are officially signed up for Little League this year!  Jack is in the Machine Pitch league, where he's learning that hitting off of a machine is trickier than it looks:

And Clark is in T-Ball, where he's trying to learn not to be afraid of the ball.  I was practicing hitting with him the other day, and just after I gave him a lecture of leaning towards the ball rather than flinching away from it, he managed to hit the ball off the bat directly into his own face, giving him a bloody lip!

We're now practicing with racquetballs.

The boys are so proud, though, and it's been fun to dust off my nearly nonexistent athletic skills to help them practice!

Levi, my 9-year-apart birthday twin, decided to come up and visit for our shared birthday this year, and Noah, my other brother, came to visit for the same day!!  It was so fun, and I felt thoroughly spoiled.

I did, however, take advantage of the occasion to trim Levi's shaggy locks:

and partway through the cut, it looked cool enough that I stopped to snap a picture.  He didn't love that version, though, so I trimmed the top more to get this eventual effect.

I'm just lucky that NaElle, my cosmetologist sister, taught me to give male haircuts--I've saved us hundreds of dollars by cutting all my boys' (including husband and certain brothers) hair myself!

The moments I have captured here, interspersed with the others not as diligently recorded, are what make up my life, as quiet and unassuming as it may sometimes seem.

And what a beautiful life it is.

Comments