Move Your Body

It's time I told you all about one of my favorite discoveries of all time, thanks to my sister-in-law, Danica.

It's called GoNoodle.  They have an app, as well as a YouTube channel, filled with videos for kids to help get the wiggles out, focus, or calm down.

I absolutely love it.  I haven't been running a ton since the marathon (think, only maybe three or four times total), but with GoNoodle, I can have the kids each pick an exercise video and then we all go to town while I get my heart rate up and the kids get their wiggles out.

Molly sent me this video of the younger three dancing to one of the videos while Steve and I were on our trip, and I may have watched it already at least 3.7 billion times:

Be still, my heart.

Yesterday morning, I was trying to get my exercise in before a meeting that I was scheduled to go to, so I did a couple of the videos on my own while Clark and Maggie finished cleaning their room, so they could do the videos with me.

They started getting a little overwhelmed, so I went in there and challenged them--I would do squats until their room was cleaned.  It really wasn't very messy, and I naively thought they would hurry...  

I ended up doing 100 squats.

But hey, their room was clean and I am now pleasantly sore!

So, yeah.  GoNoodle.  Check it out.

Comments