More of London

Here it goes: more pictures!!  The majority of the pictures in this post will be of our first full day in London.  Enjoy!

I heard someone famous lives here, but I could never figure out who...
Just kidding.  We got to see the changing of the guard, which was intriguing.  I am always interested to see the amounts of tradition and attention to detail that go into such a seemingly-small routine every day.

I found this statue of Abraham Lincoln near Westminster (I think...I could be wrong), and I was touched that a man so revered in our country was recognized in England, as well.  What a good man.

Eating fish and chips on the London Bridge in front of a double-decker red bus!  Can we get any more British?

On the Tower Bridge.

Isn't it beautiful?  I couldn't get over how lovely everything seemed to be--the architecture, the statues, the parks, even the cobblestone streets.  It all seemed so beautiful!


Gorgeous view of London from the Thames:

Obligatory photo in a Telephone box:

I'm pretty sure someone had either lived there at one point or used it as a restroom, judging by the smell....

Buckingham Palace!!  Not nearly as crowded as I expected it to be!

Note my nasty cold sore.  I was so irritated that I had to spend the majority of my vacation trying to hide my infectedly nasty face...

But I got over that quickly.  I was just too awed by everything I saw to worry too much about how I looked to people around me.

Westminster Abbey: Stunning.  I genuinely couldn't comprehend it all, it was so grand.

Gorgeous view of Parliament, with a little photobombed in the corner of the picture (I couldn't resist):

In front of Buckingham Palace--this is an area where I wish I had had a guide to tell me the significance of this particular sculpture.  It was so detailed and beautiful, and I would have loved to have known the symbolism behind what the artist chose to include.

Day 1 pictures--blogged!  Yes!!

Comments