Marathon Weekend

Sinus infections lasting over the past two weeks have been a pretty effective killer to my desire to blog, but despite the fact that most of the last couple weeks is a semi-conscious blur, we still managed to have a pretty successful Valentine's Day!

The kids even got Valentines in the mail from their Tennessee cousins:
And I even was able to fulfill Maggie's request for heart-shaped hair on Valentine's Day for school.  

I know.  A hair, make-up, or fashion blogger I am not.

We got lots of snuggles in pajamas, and Maggie discovered that she likes reading to Calvin.

The biggest milestone hit this last couple weeks is that this little guy finally started walking on his own!!  Only a few steps at a time, but it's still fun to watch!
He's also discovering his own precious sense of humor, and I just love watching these little personalities start to blossom.  He's sure proud of himself!

In other news, The Big Race (I feel that with all the work we've all put in, this run deserves to be capitalized) is on Saturday, and apparently a lot of people are very excited for my mom to knock this accomplishment off of her bucket list, because we're getting more and more people letting us know that they want to come cheer us on!  No pressure, right?
Steve has finally let me start running with him--this is us just after running 10 miles together (farthest he's ever run!!).  We're not exactly glamorous, but give us a break....we were tired.

We are also planning on having some awesome family time (aka, all of us sitting around and trying to recuperate) until Tuesday, when my amazing sister Molly (also known as Sister Flake) is returning from serving an LDS mission in Portland for the last year and a half! 
I can't begin to tell you all how excited I am.  And if any of you have positive thoughts/prayers to spare, send as many of them our way as you can!

Comments