The Blind Leading the Blind

Some of you may know this about me, but for those of you who aren't aware, it's time for me to share a personal aspect of my life.

I am blind.

Like, not "I wear glasses once in a while so I can see the TV" blind, but "I wake up in the morning and am completely helpless until I put my glasses on" blind.

Here is a picture of me wearing my brother's glasses because they looked cute on me:
And here is a picture of me with my actual glasses on.  You know, the ones with a 3-inch-thick lens?
See the difference?  Lesson learned: never again am I going to try to get the bigger cuter frames. The bigger the frames, the thicker the lens. 

That being said, Steve and I have known for a while that with the genetic jackpot we gave our kids that our children would eventually need glasses (and braces, but that's for a later post).  We'd seen some symptoms of it with Clark (the fact that he has to move the Book of Mormon to approximately two inches away from his face during our nightly scripture reading was a pretty good sign), and although Jack hadn't shown any symptoms that obvious, we figured it would be a good idea to take him in to the eye doctor, too.

Surprise, surprise--our kids are blind.  Not too bad--Clark's left eye is actually legally blind, while his right eye is just fine:
and Jack has nearly the same prescription as Steve (who is one of those lucky "I wear glasses to see the TV or read" types of people).
All I'm saying is that it's a good thing my kids are so good-looking in glasses!

Comments