Shoes and Paints

In sharing this post, I want to acknowledge that first off, yes, I am incredibly spoiled.

For the past few months, my brother Levi has been staying with us in between college semesters.  In exchange for room and board, he has provided me with free child-care and endless dishes sessions.

This amazing young man left yesterday, and to send him off, we posted a banner:

...and I made a cake.  But since Steve was working and I am constantly tired, we didn't do much more than that.

However, today I made up for our lack of appreciation, I think--Levi had seen my brother's custom Captain America converse shoes that his friend had painted, and since he had just gotten a pair of bright orange converse shoes himself, he asked me to custom paint them for him.

It took us a bit to figure out what would go with orange--they were pretty bright--and then when he was packing the other night, he found our Indiana Jones DVD case.

Sweet.  Decision made!!

Today, I busted out my acrylic (which, funnily enough, are actually designed to be painted on canvas!) and got creative!!  I'm pretty proud of the results:

I thought of writing "Indy" but thought people would get it mixed up with a certain NASCAR race...

Scientists have discovered that the best Indiana Jones film is the third one--by far.  Sean Connery just makes it, and Indy's irritation with his nickname just had to be recorded! 

Where would Indy be without his iconic hat and whip?

I made this side look like the parts where they travel by map...kinda liked how the colors turned out!
I just hope Levi doesn't regret ever giving them to me.

So, thanks, Ebi, for being such an incredible help!!  And extra thanks for leaving me alone with your brand-new shoes and a whole ton of paint!! :)

Comments