Calvin's Birthday Celebration!!!

As part of my goal to keep up on my blog better, I've decided that I need to get rid of the pictures on my phone by putting them on here before they get to overwhelming numbers (currently in the 900-plus!).  So, here is a snapshot of the most recent happening--Calvin's birthday!

This little guy is now an entire year old, and what a year it has been!

When people talk about 2016, I almost forget that that was the year that brought me my youngest, as it almost feels like he has been a part of our family forever by now.
He loves his daddy, and loves to share his food with him!

Especially when we're letting him stay up late after the big kids have gone to bed--spoiled much?

Note the one sock on, one sock off trend.  It seems to be a favorite amongst my kids and provides endless hours of entertainment/frustration as we get to play Hide and Seek with my children's footwear at various venues; my parents' house, friends' houses, the church building, different restaurants, play practices, and of course, our home are favorites.

Levi was joking with him and he decided to make a break for it.  This kid rarely sits still, hence the fuzzy picture.

For our babies' first birthdays, we don't have many big traditions (mainly because they're going to be too young to remember anything, anyway); just a cake and ice cream with family members, as well as a couple of presents.

True to form, Calvin was more interested in his box than the presents, but the cake:

Now, that was a part of his birthday that he really enjoyed!
We also got lazy generous and took the kids to Burger King for dinner, which we all had fun with--the kitchen stayed clean and the kids got full while they played in the play place. Win-win-win!


This kid cracks me up.  I don't know if I appreciate more how fast time goes now that this is my fourth baby instead of my first, or if a part of me knows this isn't going to happen many more times for me, but I feel like I have truly cherished this latest experience of raising a baby.

This kid brings so much joy to so many people!

Happy Birthday, Cal!!!

Comments