Updates--Again!

I've learned something--writing is hard.  

So here's another post full of pictures so I don't have to use my own words.  
Calvin has started smiling and giggling and it just gets my heart every single time.  That kid loves me.

Being the naive parent I am, I decided to take my kids to the city Easter Egg hunt this year.  An hour of standing around in the cold and wind, waiting for my kids' tickets to be drawn for the big prizes, and then sending my boys off (with their good friend, Curtis) to fare as well as they could in their respective hunts, while I followed Maggie and watched a billion little toddlers devour the golf course like a bunch of locusts....well, now I know that I'm probably not ever gonna do that again.
And honestly, I don't think my kids would mind.
Reese, Maggie, and Jack in their respective dress-up clothes!
Calvin got blessed on Easter Sunday, and looked pretty snazzy in his little outfit (almost too little--that kid loves to eat!).  It was a beautiful blessing, and afterwards we had a fun family dinner with an Easter Egg hunt at my mom's.  However, on the way....
Clark did this in the back of our car.  So apparently it's a family trait that if my kids eat too much sugar, it all comes rushing up at inopportune times and inopportune places.  You know you're a parent if you've ever had to shove your hands elbow-deep into the upholstery gaps filled with vomit in your car..... 

But I can tell that the PPD is relenting a bit, because instead of crying or yelling, I laughed.  Hysterically and not perhaps in the most sane manner, but it's a baby step, right?
Calvin loves his daddy.  And I love seeing how adored this kid is.  
Does it just melt anyone else's heart to see these big teenage boys melting and cooing over my baby? 

I'm a lucky gal.

Comments