November Recap



Now that it's the middle of December and I have another baby VERY close to on the way, I figured I'd catch up on my November pictures.  You're welcome.

First off: pictures of Clark's 5th birthday.  HOW is it possible that my middle child is 5 years old?

I love how helpful Jack is when other people have presents they need opening.

Legos!  Paint-your-own train set!

It was nice that Clark had a wonderful birthday--Steve decorated the cake (No pictures of that), decorated the dining room, and we had family over for cake and ice cream.

The kids LOVE reading with NanaDee, and after she brought Clark's birthday presents (SPOILER ALERT: My mom always gives the kids books for their birthday and Christmas presents), they all enjoyed some fun reading time.

We also got to go get the windshield replaced, and Clark was pretty thrilled with the train tracks they had there.

I'm realizing that I need to take pictures of this pregnancy, so at 30 weeks I had Jack take a picture.  This was attempt 3, and although it was still a little fuzzier than I'd have liked, at least it didn't have a photobomb of Jack's thumb or pointer finger, right?

Snacks!

Hanging out... I wanted to grab a picture of the kids to say "hi" to Steve while he was at work, but I made the rookie mistake of leaving the TV on...as you can tell by Clark's eyes.

Steve and I directed the local youth production of "Peter Pan," and because Maggie got to tag along at a lot of the rehearsals.  She soon developed her own little fan club, including our "Tootles--" one of our speaking lost boys.

Smile!

Jack was also a lost boy, and had a blast getting messy-looking and silly every night.  He had a blast!


Never grow up!!

The weekend of Thanksgiving, we headed to the Valley to spend time with family and friends.  Wednesday night, we stayed with our friends, the Montierths, and Flo showed me how to do marbled nails.

It didn't start out very successfully...

But after re-youtubing helpful tips, we tried again with a little more success this time.

Success!!

It's a messy process....

But looked good!  My kids (especially Maggie) were super impressed with our final effort.

Thanksgiving morning, we hung out with Steve's parents and grandparents, and because Mom Busch knows my children and their insatiable appetite for constant stimulation, she had a bunch of Christmas crafts prepared.  It was AWESOME.


Hard at work...

Dad was pretty dang helpful, thankfully!  Also, there are definite perks to visiting the Valley of the Sun during the end of November.  It was awesome shirt-sleeve weather!

Final product: a "Gingerbread House" made from foam and stickers.

Dinner was beautiful and delicious.  Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, the works!

Food was good, the company was good--nothing to complain about!

Mom Busch--the chef of the day!!

After dinner, we had the kids make Christmas door signs for each of their bedrooms, and because Jack wanted to show it off while holding it with his chin, Maggie and Clark each had to do the same pose, as well.


After dinner, Dad and the boys put together an Iron Man puzzle...

And hung out and talked to Grandma Drake.

Family around the holidays is just the best, isn't it?

Thanksgiving evening was spent with Grandma Busch and Steve's Aunt Margo and Uncle Brian, playing Clue (I've learned that my husband is a dirty cheater in that game), after which we went to my Aunt Lisa's house and hung out (hanged out?  Hangded out?) with my mom's siblings and my cousins on that side, which was fun.

The rest of the weekend was spent Black Friday shopping (Steve), napping (me), and playing LOTS of video games on my Aunt Jackie's wii (the boys), and of course lots of eating leftovers, talking, and enjoying each others' company...and of course, I got not a single picture of the rest of the weekend, but you'll just have to picture it in your own mind.

But, BAM!  There ya go--November is officially blogged!  Done.  :)

Comments