Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving!!

"I want to look like those women."

"Oh, honey, those aren't women-they're models."

If anyone can tell me where that quote came from, I'll give you a slice of ice cream cake.  Unless I eat it all first, of course. In which case, I'll give you my respect instead (which doesn't taste nearly as good, I'll admit, but also doesn't have the same caloric content, either).

For all those of you lovely people who wished me a happy birthday either through text, phone calls, or Facebook, THANK YOU!!! It was so nice to know that I was being thought of by so many wonderful people!

I truly am so blessed to have people who love me.

Including a husband who bought me an AMAZING ice cream cake for my birthday:
And then watched enthusiastically while I made my wish and attempted to blow out the candles....
And promptly caught my hair on fire.
Yup. I caught my hair on fire for my thirtieth birthday. Didn't even have that goal on my list!! 

What can I say? I'm an overachiever.

And even though I was wearing my mom's most dorky Birthday Hat (see below):
He still helped me reenact my first kiss-given to me exactly 9 YEARS ago that very night!!!
Do you realize that this means that I've known Steve for nearly a third of my life? Pretty cool.

Other things I did on my big 30 day:

Got an AWESOME birthday present from my hubby:

This program is basically Dave Ramsey on steroids-and because I'm a nerd, I was totally stoked that my husband bought me budgeting software for my birthday. 

Ooh la la.

I also hung out with Queen Elsa (okay, it's really just Maggie in a wig, but basically just as cool),
This awesome kid:
And this kid all day long.
Let's face it. Being a stay-at-home mom may not be the most glamorous job,  BUT I do have the cutest co-workers ever. 

And these ones don't mind when I tickle them. So, you know, added bonus. 

Also, for the record, I did end up accomplishing all but ONE of my 30-before-30 goals, and that one (take two family history names through the temple) is set to be accomplished in the next month! I've got the names all printed out, now I've just got to find someone to help me take them to do baptisms!!

So, yeah-if the rest of my 30s end up half as good as my 20s were, I'd say I've got a pretty awesome decade to look forward to!!

Here's to being Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving!!

Comments

Jennifer said…
lol! Your hair caught on fire! Oh my gosh!

I so think you are amazing.

I don't know where that quote came from but how true is that!? I think it is silly that I compare myself to fake things....but darn it all...I still do it.