Pictures That Make Me Happy

The purpose of this post is two-fold. 

One: My children are adorable and this adorableness needs to be shared with the world.  It just does.

Two (which, to be honest, is the more pressing purpose of this post): My phone was just FULL of pictures that I have been taking and not posting for months.  MONTHS, I tell ya.

And since I have learned the hard way that it takes a LOT of effort to replace pictures after a phone/computer has crashed, I figured, what better place to share/store them than my blog?

So, here, for your enjoyment, are about 18 mini-posts....it's okay if you don't want to read them all.  I get it....my kids are always more interesting to me than they will be to anyone else, and I'm fully aware of that fact. :)
I had a whole post written up about how my kids destroy EVERY piece of furniture brought into their room, and took this picture to show the stainless steel monstrosity of a bunk bed my parents gave us to try to get them something other than mattresses on the floor (which was what they had been living with for months after breaking apart their other bed frames, their dresser, and their little wooden table that had been in their room).  Is it just me, or are pre-school aged boys just plain DESTRUCTIVE? 

Also, if you have ever been in the Provo MTC, you'll notice that this lovely piece of furniture is an exact replica of the bunk beds they use there.  

It's a long story as to how my parents got one of these, and if you're really interested, I can tell it to you later, but rest assured--these bunk beds are going to LAST.

Say ahhhh!!!

An entire park full of grass, and my boys find the one mud puddle....typical.

Selfies...


Okay, but seriously--they really are adorable.

Smile!!

So, this was a project (like so many of mine) that I started with the best of intentions and then never completely followed through on.  Every time one of the kids did something nice for someone else, we wrote it on a colored strip of paper and put it in the jar.  Every time they did something mean, we took a strip of paper out of the jar.  Once the jar was completely full, we were going to do something fun as a family.

This lasted approximately 2 days until Clark decided he no longer cared that we took the strips of paper out of the jar....and it is still up on the fridge to this day.

Trip to Aunt Jackie's--the kids LOVED the hot tub, even though it was approximately 99 degrees outside at the time!

Duck lips!!!

Bahaha-I love her hair in this one!

This one was AAALMOST a little too scandalous for me to put on the internet, but it's okay, right?

Playing outside (told you it's been months since I took some of these!)

Ignore our weed-ridden, overgrown yard, please....

Sometimes when your husband is working and in nursing school full-time, it's hard to find time to do yard work, okay?

He makes my heart so happy!

As does she!!

If you're wondering why I seem like a single mother in most of these pictures, it's probably because I kind of am right now.  Steve DID just ace his finals this last Tuesday, so for the month of December, I'm looking forward to having a husband around once in a while!!  Maybe I can even take some pictures of him to prove that he exists.

Also, the main times I'm usually taking pictures is to give Steve updates of what we're doing while he's at work/school/studying.  So naturally, he's not in any of these ones.

Promise, I do have a husband.  Promise he's not imaginary.

You believe me........ Right?

Bahaha--okay, so the story behind this picture--Steve bought a zombie Chia pet, and after he prepared the seeds, he washed them down the drain.  However, a few got caught around our bathroom sink plug and started sprouting!!  I thought it was great evidence of my amazing housekeeping skills that PLANTS were literally GROWING OUT OF MY DRAIN.

(For the record, they only take two or three days to get to this size).

Riding bikes with cousins!!



Random pictures of my Maggie Maye.  Mainly because her hair turned out cute that day and I was JUST SO EXCITED TO HAVE ENOUGH HAIR TO ACTUALLY DO!!!!



This picture made me happy--these flowers came from two good friends on two consecutive days for two completely different reasons!!  It made my heart so happy.  I guess I do like getting flowers more than I thought.

My sister and my daughter.  Katie LOVES Mags, and Mags obviously feels the same way about her.


Everything about this picture is just epic. And Clark's pose reminds me a bit of the cover of Saturday's Warrior.

"Who are these children coming down, coming down like gentle rain through darkened skies?"

My doggy!!  I realized that I didn't have any recent pictures of him, so I decided to try to take a selfie with him.  You have no idea how many attempts this took....he does not like to hold still.

I just love it.

....And that's the end of it!!!  Well, if you made it to the end of this self-serving picture-saving post, good on you!!  You must really like either me, my kids, or just have nothing better to do than scroll through a really long blog full of pictures of some one else's kids.

True story, though, just going through all these pictures really did make me super happy.  So the effect was what I wanted!

Comments