From the Viewpoint of Jack: A Photo Essay

Whew--that title makes this next post sound fancy!

In reality, Jack stole my camera the other morning and took no fewer than 84 (!) pictures while I was taking a shower.  I went through it and thought it was funny to see what he thought was important enough that it needed a picture taken of it, so I figured I'd share some of them with you.  This way, you can get a peek into the priorities of my 5-year-old!!  (They're about what you'd expect).

Since a picture is worth a thousand words (and I've put about 30 of his pictures on here--I thought including all 84 might be overkill), I will keep the captioning to a minimum, I think.





Yes, we have a lot of Halloween decorations.  Why do you ask?



It makes me sad that my child will not know a world without the word "Selfie..."


Oh, Jack.  You get your photogenic skills from your mother, don't you?





Is it sappy that it made me happy that these pictures made it in there?  Even if him taking them meant that he had to climb on our entertainment center?



A picture of a DVD?  Why not?




Aw, the siblings were included!



Jack and Clark's Avengers-themed Dress-up box.  True story, Jack took at least 15 pictures of this box--he had about 8 pictures of Captain America alone.  I just included enough for you to get the gist.







A picture of a couple of pictures he drew and then taped to our front door.  They're Halloween-themed, but don't ask me to tell you the specifics of exactly what they're supposed to be.





Jack's pumpkin.  It cracks me up that of all of the pumpkins in the entire Pumpkin Patch he visited, he picked the one covered in what looks like some sort of disease.  Funny kid.


Maggie's pumpkin.  Apparently Clark's pumpkin wasn't cool enough to get a picture taken of it.


Maggie and Clark's reflections in the TV.  Honestly, if we're going for a Halloween theme, the ghostly reflections in the TV screen make a pretty creepy effect!!

So, there ya go.  A glimpse into life from the POV of a five-year-old.  Who apparently really loves The Avengers.  

Maybe I should get the kid a camera for Christmas.

Comments