Unexpected Activities

When you are the mother of young children, sometimes your life is filled with unexpected activities.  Especially when those children are good at waking up early and being ninja-silent.

When I woke up this morning to find these pictures on my phone:

I knew my kids had been busy.  But it wasn't until I got to the kitchen and saw Maggie's door that I realized just how busy.

Side note: apparently having markers in a container in the top cupboard of the kitchen behind a child's locks still isn't enough to keep them out of the hands of my two determined artists.

Also, even if I've mentioned to my children at least a hundred times that we don't draw on ANYTHING but PAPER, apparently it needs to be mentioned a hundred and one times.

Also, I've now thrown away every marker in my house.

Also, my children think I'm the meanest mother in the world.

Also, dry erase marker is much more tenacious than you'd think it would be.



So here was our activity of choice this morning: scrubbing doors.  The picture below is after I'd been working on this particular door for a good twenty minutes with bleach.

Time to invest in some magic erasers, I guess.


Side note: Maggie looks really cute today.  Plus she wanted me to take a picture of her dancing.

Comments