Buttercream Awesomeness (And no, I'm not talking about dessert here)

I found out some life-changing news yesterday from Facebook.

Did you know that "The Buttercream Gang" is on Youtube in its entirety?!

In case you don't recall said movie, here is a reminder:

It's a riveting plot--Scott and Pete, two best friends, find that their friendship is threatened when Pete moves to Chicago, joins a gang, and brings his lawbreaking habits back into the small town where Scott still lives. If you haven't seen it, you should.  It's a classic, full of adventure, humor (Eldon!!!), romance (Margaret's transformation used to inspire me as a child), and of course, lots of good ol' morals.  Lots of them.

I bought a pizza tonight, and the kids and I had a movie/picnic night in the front room, watching my childhood memories resurface (oh, the high-waisted pants!!  And light denim!!).  The kids had several questions about the movie, mainly things like "Why is it so fuzzy?  I can't see it well!"  (So we didn't have high-def back in my day, okay?) and "Her clothes look funny...."  But oh, the movie itself?  Pure gold.  And every second of the soundtrack brought back yet another memory for me.

"It's the Widow Jenkins!  She's fallen down again!"

Sigh.  I will say it's not quite the same to revisit a beloved movie at the ripe old age of 29, but looking past the low-budget acting, it was still enjoyable.

Next up to hunt down on Youtube:


I'm giggling.  I can hardly wait.

Comments

Sarah said…
I grew up watching the Buttercream Gang too! And I absolutely love Rigoletto.
the princess said…
i LOVE all the old movies, girlie!! we love rigoletto and i should get the buttercream gang. and "on our own" and "windwalker" ... don't tell my husband i'm going to spend $$! *lol*

have you seen the liken series? "liken the scriptures" your kids would LOVE them. the music is soooo fun!

~ jannet