Bad Idea

Yesterday morning, I woke up with an intense headache. I somehow managed to get the kids fed and clothed, then I told them to play in the front room while I tried to lie on the couch to ease my throbbing head.

Sometimes I have good ideas, and other times I have ideas that only seem good.

This was one of those times.

Jack and Clark were wrestling in the middle of the front room, which is usually harmless when I'm paying attention, but this time, I had my eyes closed which made me unprepared for the three-year-old's head, which came hurtling directly into my face with the speed and intensity of a bowling ball being shot from a cannon.

After the stars stopped swirling around my eyes, I sat up, furious, to see both Jack and Clark looking both incredibly guilty and incredibly scared. 

"Guys!! The entire reason I was laying down was to try to help my head feel better!" I sighed in the way I knew would induce the most guilt possible, which ended up making me feel just as guilty.  They looked sheepish, and I went back to my attempts to nap, unsuccessfully. My head was now aching more than ever, and I realized that the bridge of my nose was now throbbing, as well.  

I felt along my nose and realized there was a bump there (minuscule, but painful) that had never been in my nose before...It's not very visible unless you're really looking for it (or feeling it, which not too many people do).
Yup. My kids totally broke my nose. 

My first broken bone ever!! Anyone else ever broken their nose before? I've got some questions for ya.  Mainly, how long till it stops hurting like the devil?

Also, does it need to be set?

Comments

Jennifer said…
oh my gosh! I am so sorry!

Your face still looks beautiful though.