Motherhood

I am extremely lucky in the Mom department.
I have a mother-in-law who loves me dearly, who loves my children dearly, who loves my husband dearly, and who is incredibly generous with her time, attention, and gifts to all of us (she gives a whole new meaning to the phrase someone who "spoils their grandchildren rotten"), but she loves and cares for us all enough to invest in our relationship--something I am truly grateful for.
Isn't she adorable?  I just love that woman, and I feel so glad to be one of "her girls."
I am also blessed/lucky enough to have a Mom who has been my best friend from the time I was a young child. I never managed to go through that phase where I hated my mom (only the cool kids did that-and as we all know by now, I was never cool), so I've been close to her for as long as I can remember.
Mom is the type of person who becomes best friends with everyone she meets.  She can be talking to someone in the checkout line at the grocery store, and if the line is long enough, by the time they're done checking out, they trust her enough to tell her the most intimate details of their lives.
It's incredible.
So, Happy Mother's Day, my two moms!!  Thanks for giving me an opportunity to celebrate!!

Comments