Updates

I want to apologize for the lack of posts over yesterday--I figured I'd wait and update everyone on what details I knew, rather than write several different posts that had just one or two details in them.
Here is what I know:
Sarah and Jayze went in to the hospital at 6:30 yesterday morning.  She was induced then, and they broke her water at 8:30.
Alma Jayze Flake was born at 11:42 yesterday morning.  He weighed 6 lbs. 2 oz, and was 22 inches long. He was absolutely beautiful.
Jayze and Sarah got to hold him for a few hours in the hospital, and then we received this text around 6:00 last evening from Jayze: "Sarah and I were able to say good-bye before they came and took little Alma away.  Mommy is physically healthy.  We may leave the hospital within an hour or two."
Jayze and Sarah are planning on burying little Alma here in Arizona, in the same cemetery as many of both Jayze and Sarah's family members, and which seems a place that they will likely have more opportunities to visit in the future rather than Rexburg.  Sarah hasn't been cleared to travel until at least Sunday, so we know that the graveside service will likely be next week.
I also know that here in our sweet hometown, I have received texts, packages in the mail, Facebook messages, and messages on my blog from people who care and worry about our families.  People have stopped me in the store, at meetings, and even on my morning runs to tell me that they are praying for Jayze and Sarah and for the rest of our family, that they love us, and that they will do absolutely anything to help out in any way possible.
I cannot express my gratitude for the multitude of people who have reached out to us in such a myriad of ways to show their love and concern during this hard time.  It's amazing how difficult times can remind us of just how much love there is in the world, and from what I've seen over the past couple of days, Jayze and Sarah are incredibly loved by an incredible amount of people.
How grateful I am for these tender hearts that wish to reach out and "mourn with those who mourn, and comfort those who stand in need of comfort."
People are good and kind.
Thank you, all of you, for everything.  It truly is felt and appreciated.

Comments

Else said…
We have been praying for them since we first heard. We are sad to be so far away at this time, but send much love to them and your whole family!!