Just to Clarify:

So, when I posted my last whiny post about how horrible my life was about to be, I was rather vague about something, which ended up making Steve look selfish/indulgent/ignorant, whatever you want to call it, and I realized that after it had already received several comments, so I figured I'd clarify that situation right now: I mentioned Steve's play rehearsals, and I want to let everyone know that Steve is receiving a VERY generous scholarship from the music department chair (Ms. Julie Niesh--that's her on the left in the background), which is not only allowing Steve to go to school, but allowing us to pay for our house while he does so.
Last year, he was able to be in Sound Check, the collage's jazz ensemble:
 (along with my younger brother, Levi, who is now serving an LDS mission in Guatemala),
But this year, his schedule just wouldn't allow him to be able to attend the choir rehearsals...too many conflicting classes.  So, instead, he's tried out for the Fall Musical--The Drowsy Chaperon--and not only did he make it, but he got the part he was hoping for.
And I know he'll do awesome in his roles--as a husband, father, actor, breadwinner, and nursing student.
So I just wanted to make it absolutely clear and let everyone know that my husband is neither selfish, nor foolish.  If he had a choice, I'm sure he would absolutely only do the nursing program and nothing else, but because he still wants us to be able to keep our house, he is sacrificing what he needs to in order to do so, as well as to allow me to stay at home with the kids.
I really am a lucky girl, to be married to a guy like that, aren't I?
And, in case you were wondering, I had my first five piano lessons today, and although there were a few tantrums/inappropriately clothed children/major messes to deal with during the time that I taught, it actually went much more smoothly than I worried it would.  I'm just trying to remind myself to take this whole experience one day at a time, and that helps my perspective quite a lot.
Last night, I was able to receive a priesthood blessing from Steve (for more information on priesthood blessings, click here), and in the blessing, I was promised that, so long as I put the Lord first and my family second, before any other responsibilities, and didn't neglect my own personal scripture study and prayer, that everything would work out the way it should.  Something so simple, and yet something I forget so often.
I think part of the reason I've been so stressed for the past month or so is probably because I've been feeling as though I have to do all of this--the piano lessons, the kids, the marathon, the house, everything--on my own.  And if I did, hoo boy, I would definitely have a reason to stress--I'm not nearly strong enough for that burden.
But when I remember that Heavenly Father wants us on this path, I'm comforted.  After all, if He brought me to it, He can get me through it.  And I know He will--after all, He always has before!
And that's something worth remembering.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Never once did I think Steve was selfish. He is talking time to develop and share his talents! I find that admirable!

I wish I could remember this quote word for word...but it's from Pres. Kimball. He says that when we put the Lord first in our lives, everything will fall into it's proper place or fall out of our lives completely (meaning it didn't need to be a part of our life). I like that. It means I just need to focus on that one thing....putting Him first. Of course...it's easier than it sounds...but as we all know...very much worth the effort.

Love ya!