What am I thinking?!?!?!

I did it this week.
I signed up for my marathon--I'm going to be running the St. George marathon on October 5th.  That is, if they draw my name for the lottery.  If my name isn't drawn, I have a back-up marathon planned.
Either way, I'll be running a marathon for SURE this fall...I already budgeted the entry fee and paid it--so I'm committed to this thing.  Like, I-taught-10-piano-lessons-for-this-money kind of committed.
To tell the truth, I'm kind of terrified--it's been at least 7 years since I've run any kind of competitive race, and although I've started running again, I can tell my body is no longer 20 years old.  I did a 4-miler two nights ago, and I am SOOOORE tonight.
But that's okay.  It's not as though it's going to get easier for me to run as I get older, and because I feel good about the fact that, come May, I will no longer be either nursing or pregnant for the first time since 2 months after we got married 5 YEARS ago, I want to do this now.  Kind of get it off my list, you know?
Which reminds me.  A friend recently posted about a 30-before-30 list; namely, 30 things she wanted to do before she turned 30, which inspired me to make one.  I've got several tidbits in my head, but I should write mine down and see how many I've already accomplished and how many I have left to do...perhaps on this blog.  And if any of you would like to make suggestions as to any goal/accomplishment/skill to check off my 30-before-30 list, go ahead and make them!!  I love advice.  Most of the time--you know--as long as it's advice I wanted to take in the first place, that is.
And my marathon?  Definitely one of the first things I'll have on it.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Way to go! You'll do awesome!