Jack is Four. FOUR!!

This kid is four.  I can't believe it, although it will be nice to no longer have to tell people that I have three kids three and under--four just sounds so much more mature and spread out.
It's fun to think that four years ago right now, I was REALLY uncomfortable, to say the least, but come 1:30, I was in love...
 And who wouldn't be?
This morning, Steve and I were feeling nostalgic and talking about how it's seemed as though Jack has been a part of our family forever, but at the same time, how fast the past four years has gone--and Steve remarked that it's crazy that he's four.
Jack overheard, and, slightly offended, said, "It's not crazy!  It's my birthday!"
Clark repeated, "It's my birthday!"
Jack, now irritated, "It's not your birthday, Clark!  It's my birthday!"
Clark, again repeating: "It's my birthday!" (I have mentioned that Clark seems to be stuck in the echo phase, right?)
Jack, really frustrated by this time: "NO!  It's my birthday!"
Steve could see the danger lurking ahead, and intervened. "Jack, Clark just doesn't understand what's going on."
Jack, slightly mollified, "Well, I'm going on!"
We both laughed, and Steve (only slightly mocking here), asked, "Oh, so we're all supposed to grovel and worship you?"
"Yes." Jack said, matter-of-factly.

So, at least we know what he expects from his birthday, but I think he'll just have to be satisfied with the fish and toys he got, instead.
Love you, big boy.

Comments

I'm ready for you to have 4 kids under 4!