Special Bonds

From the day we came home from the hospital with Maggie, Jack and she have enjoyed a special bond.
He loves holding her (which actually terrifies me to this day that he'll try to pick her up without me around), playing with her, making silly faces to get her laugh....you betcha.  She's got him wrapped around her tiny little fingers.
 And he's very protective of her. 
A couple of days ago, she was teething, which made her a little...unpleasant to be around.  It had been a long, rough day, and as she started fussing when I set her down to make dinner, I snapped at her: "Maggie!  Just HUSH!"
Jack immediately bristled. "Mom, don't yell at Maggie!  I like her!!"
 It made me laugh, even in the midst of my cranky moment, and I immediately apologized (first to Jack, then to Maggie, who hadn't listened to me in the first place and therefore didn't care that I had gotten impatient with her).
I'm so glad that my son likes my daughter.  That she will grow up with two older brothers to protect her, tease her, dance with her at stake dances, and interrogate her dates.
It thrills me to no end.

Comments