Hi!! I've missed you!!

Hello, Cyberworld!!
My name is Jewel Busch.  Perhaps you've heard of me?   I used to blog.  Often, in fact.  But then my computer got some nasty viruses and slowed down too much to use and I had another baby and got two callings and took on several piano students and my husband went back to college...anyways.  Long story short, life happened, and I haven't blogged in a long time.
But I've realized that I miss having a venue to help my voice be heard.  I write in my journal, and, in fact, I've been good at keeping up with that all through the busy-ness of my life, but call it self-centeredness or need for validation, I really like to have a place to write down my opinions and feelings where people can see them and comment on them.  It's also nice to have as a place to let my family and friends keep up on what's happening in my family's life. 
So, here goes a quick recap of the last year and a half for all of us:
My pregnancy and delivery of our first baby girl went well--Maggie Maye joined our family on May 8th, 2012, and we absolutely LOVE having a girl!!  I'm enjoying the lace and the bows, and even though Steve claims he has no idea what to do with a girl, I can tell she's already got him wrapped around her littlest finger.  She has a fun personality, and her big brothers love to make her laugh.
Two weeks after Maggie was born, Steve started having some very strong impressions that he needed to leave Wells Fargo and go back to school to finish up his nursing degree.  He looked up the information on NPC, and found that he had all but one of his prereqs done, and would be qualified to get into the Nursing Program in August of 2013.  He had a very difficult talk with his boss, who also happens to be a good friend, and this generous man offered Steve a part-time management position in the Snowflake branch so that Steve could make enough to provide for our family while still going to school.  It's definitely been an adjustment to having a husband working and going to school full-time, but I can tell you that following a prompting from Heavenly Father has never steered us wrong yet, and although it's not easy, we've seen SOOO many tender mercies that have shown us that we're definitely going in the right direction, even if it's not the simplest one.
Jack is busy growing like a weed--he loves to tell stories and likes to talk nonstop, but he definitely notices when his mommy isn't listening, and will make sure that she knows when he notices her tuning him out.  He is in a Joy School group with 9 other preschoolers, and although he's the youngest in the group by several months, he's also the tallest in the group by several inches, which is especially noticeable when he bounces in place...which is kind of his favorite thing to do.
Clark is Jack's little round shadow.  He fractured his femur in November, and had to be in a body cast from his nipple line down to his ankle clear up until Christmas, but has relearned to walk pretty quickly.  Even though he still limps pretty noticeably, he's got gumption and can get going pretty fast!!  He is learning to talk pretty well (although enunciation is kind of an issue), and will repeat literally everything Jack says.  The boys had a little neighbor friend come over and visit, and Clark kept busy repeating everything the two older boys said--by the end of the afternoon, he was hoarse from talking so much, and I felt like I was surrounded by parrots!
As for me, I'm staying busy.  I'm excited to be blogging again, and as the readers follow along, I'm sure you'll recognize that I have my good days and my less-than good days, but for the most part, I'm feeling pretty good about where we are in life.  We have our issues and our trials, as does everyone, but we're doing our best to be where we need to be when we need to be there, so what more can you ask for?

Comments

Marquette said…
Loved the update! So glad to hear you guys are doing well.
Jennifer said…
I am glad that you are back in the blogging world!

P.S. That sweet great niece of mine (Miss Maggie) was born in 2012...am I right?
Jewel said…
Yes, Jennifer--in May of 2012