Birthday Fun

So, here are the highlights from my big day:

  • Although Steve had to be out of town for the actual day, he took me out for SUSHI the night before. I haven't had sushi since before I was pregnant with Jack, and it was quite delightful!!

  • My headache, although still present, was nearly unnoticable all day long. Hallelujah, the antibiotics are kicking in. Finally.

  • I got several phone calls and texts from sweet people who remembered, somehow, that it was my birthday, even though it has literally been years since I've seen some of them. I wish I was that good at remembering other peoples' birthdays.

  • Noah and I taught our Rumba for the Dance Festival that the Snowflake Stake youth are participating in--and not only did no one die, but it actually looked like everyone had fun.

  • My mommy made me a chocolate cake, and my parents and youngest brother all sang "Happy Birthday" to me. I've decided you're never too old to get a kick out of blowing out the candles on your own birthday cake.

  • I'm 26 now, so I'm going to seem wiser to people who ask me how old I am, now that I'm in my mid-to-late 20's, rather than my mid-to-early 20's. There's a difference!

  • I got on Facebook the day after, and felt so spoiled by the sweet people who said nice things to me. It's always nice to feel special.

  • I got Jack to take a THREE-hour nap, which meant that I got to take a nap, too!!

  • I got the movie Tangled from Jack and Clark (though I suspect Steve had a hand in it, as well). That's one I definitely wanted to own.

I've decided that birthdays are nice. Thanks to all of you who made it so special!

Comments