Hurricane Jack Strikes Again

You may be wondering why my usually cheerful Clark is so serious in this picture.
Well, Hurricane Jack has struck again (and again, and again)--I tried to get a picture of him in action, but he was too fast, so it turned out blurry.
However, when he stopped to laugh his evil laugh, I snapped a picture really quickly.
"Bwahahahahahaha!!"

Now, this is what happens when your toddler is your hairstylist. Note the bobby pin hanging helplessly from a couple of strands of hair. It just flat-out gave up. I decided to put this picture in this post, because it kind of symbolizes how I'm feeling about today thus far.
As I was in the front room, nursing this baby,
the following happened:
Jack found our stash of birthday gifts in the closet--and thoroughly enjoyed strewing them all over the computer room...
After which he found my wax paper and decided it would make a good nest...
Followed by a redecorating of the nursery...
He then found several DVDs we've been storing on the shelf in his closet (I'm beginning to rethink how I've got my storage system laid out).
The Piece de Resistance, however, is when he introduced two full bottles of lotion to our bedspread and carpet.
...and it's still only 2:30 in the afternoon. No wonder I fall into bed exhausted every night.

Comments

Cristin said…
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly kids can make messes that take hours to clean up. Love the hair by the way. HA ha.
Stephanie said…
Even though I am cringing at how much of a mess Jack made, I can't help but laugh and smile about what an energetic little cutie he is. You sure are a patient mom, and way to go to take this with such a great sense of humor.

I sure love you and have loved visiting with you the last couple weeks. Thanks for all your encouragement! It meant a lot to me.
Heather said…
I think this post should be subtitled, "Be afraid. Be very afraid." Because suddenly I am instilled with great fear in regard to having children. I don't have nearly your patience and sweetness and longsuffering spirit. Crap.