Feeling Better

Um...before I start this post, I should probably apologize to you, the blogger world in general, about my previous whiny post. I was able to get to bed right after writing said post (although it still took a little while to fall asleep), and, as is typical, when I woke up the next morning (yesterday), life looked much brighter. Amazing, isn't it, how problems that seem insurmountable at 2:00 in the morning are much less frightening in the daylight?
Anyhow, I figured I'd just post a few pictures to show you all that life is, in fact, going all right for us. :)
We had a ward party a few weeks ago, and a lady from our ward took this picture of us. Jack would have smiled, but his mouth is stuffed full of the same kind of cake that is all over his face. Here's a close-up:
I just love this picture. My mom took it a while ago...but isn't he so darn cute? I still have a hard time believing he's mine!

This picture is WAAAY out of date to post, but I figured better late than never--this is Jack in the process of getting his very first haircut. Aunt NaElle did an amazing job, despite the fact that (as you can see), Jack was less than thrilled about the whole process. It was only a little traumatizing for me (he had such cute little curls), but I did get to keep at least one of his curls, so that helped. (By the way, this happened over the 24th of July weekend. Told you this was late!) Lately, Jack has been fascinated with hats of every shape and size. This isn't exactly a hat, but he thought it worked, anyway. Isn't he getting so big?
Anyways, like I said, although there are some rough times going on in the lives of those we love, life is still, generally, quite good--and we really are doing well. We're happy and healthy, we have the gospel and good friends and family to help us through trials, and what more can we ask for?
Thank you, all of you, for reading through this random post. Hope the cute pictures of the cute little boy helped make it more bearable!

Comments

Heather said…
I am LOVING the bowl picture. You have got one seriously good looking kid on your hands. I need to have a girl soon, so we can arrange the marriage.
Jennifer said…
I have a picture of Kaitlyn with a little box on her head that she thought made a good hat. :)