Priorities

Does anyone else have issues trying to figure out what needs to be prioritized in their lives?

I really am struggling with this one. Here, for example, I spent the last four months of my life living and stressing and breathing Beauty and the Beast, and now it's over.

And what do I have to show for my last four months of work? A weed-ridden yard, a trashed house, a neurotic dog who can't get enough attention, and a suddenly-clingy one-year-old (true story, I almost typed two-year-old...apparently I can't even keep track of how old my child is!).

Yet, at the time, I felt like it was important to put Beauty and the Beast as a priority. And I still don't feel bad about it, but this morning, as I was out attempting to weed the area of our front yard that we optomistically call a lawn, I was wondering--was it worth it to neglect so many other areas of my life in order to help put on a play that most people will enjoy for a week or two?

Again, I'm not looking for validation or fishing for compliments--I guess I've just really been pondering Elder Oak's conference talk from a while ago: Good, Better, Best (go check it out if you don't remember it--it's amazing), and I hope that I'm focusing on the best things in life.

If not, I guess that's what the Atonement is for, isn't it?

Comments

The Petersons said…
What I love about this life is that we are all trying our best, and "doing what we can with what we've got." You are an amazing woman from an amazing family, I know that much for sure!
Jewel...you are a wonderful person and a good mom and wife! I didn't get a chance to see you at the play, but you did awesome! I loved all your costumes! You and your mom are amazing! Your husband is sooo hilarious, it was my favorite part!!