At the Risk of Sounding Like I'm Bragging...

...Beauty and the Beast was amazing. And such a neat experience, too. Seriously, though, it was an absolute miracle that it all came together as well as it did. But luckily, we have an incredible amount of talent in this small community of ours. The "Assorted Enchanted Objects" Champagne Flute (Marissa), Doormat (Spencer), Sugar Bowl (Jessica), Cheese Grater (Me), and Creamer Pitcher (Beth)
The Villagers, including Maurice, Belle, The Silly Girls, Gaston, and LeFou

The entire Cast and Crew of BATB

I LOVE these people. Really.

My husband, "Lumiere," and "Cogsworth," also known as Ben
And the costumes--well, see for yourself. They were pretty darn good, too. If I do say so myself.
Gaston (David), LeFou (Byron), and Monsieur D'Arque (Mike)
The transformed Prince (Alan) and Belle (Delsy)
Her grandmother made that dress. It's INCREDIBLE. And I sort of want to wear it. Just once.
Again, my cute husband as a candle. Isn't it fun? I totally did that....with some help from my mom. But really--it's probably my favorite costume in the show. :)
The Enchantress (Cindy) and the Young Prince (Mike)
The Napkins--Chelsea, Emery, Alyssa, and Jessica.
Aren't they adorable?!
Our Plates: Collette, Shannon, McKenzie, and Cindy

Cool story--the plates totally spun when they danced. Steve was the one who figured out how to make that one work.
Cogsworth, Babette (Nancy), Lumiere, Madame de le Grande Bouche (Brenda) and Mrs. Potts (Mindy)--Enchanted versions

Me: the Cheese Grater. Can't even tell I'm 6 months pregnant, can you?
If you look closely, there are hidden mickeys on my costume. See if you can spot them!
Human Version: Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Babette, and Madame de le Bouche
Honestly, I don't mean to brag, but aren't these costumes so much fun? They really did turn out to be pretty incredible. And although it was probably one of the more stressful experiences of my life, I really am glad I got to be a part of this show. The people were amazing, the play is just a wonderfully written play, and it was just magical.
Thanks to everyone who came and watched!!
**By the way--if any of you know anyone who is putting on Beauty and the Beast anytime soon and would like to buy some costumes, I know of some they could ask about. Let me know! :)

Comments

Larson Family said…
The play really was amazing, Jewel. You guys are so awesome!
Heather said…
Duuuuuuuuuuude, those costumes are awesome! EA should hire you as their costume designer. You'd do a much better job. :)
It was AMAZING!! All of it. Everything was awesome. THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU!!!
Jenn said…
gorgeous. i am so jealous! i want to be n a play!!
Jennifer said…
You think the whole cast and crew will get together to do another performace for me? There was never a spare moment (or 3 hours) for me to go to the play...between the 24th and us going on vacation the week after. :( I sent Kaitlyn with Kami...and she loved it but MAN I really was looking forward to seeing it. I am so glad you posted pictures. The cosutme was amazing. You and your mom could really make some money desinging and making those for people. I am just sad I missed it. (sigh)

I can't believe you are sue in 3 months! Where did the time go???
jonnajack said…
I saw a hidden Mickey! I saw it! Yay! I'm sorry I missed the play, but I hear nothing but great things about it. Great job!
Awesomeness said…
this play was amazing! i think it would be fine to brag about it!

~molly~

ps. i only got a blog to comment on my friend's blogs, so you don't need to check it out. :-)