Why I haven't blogged in forever...

Beauty and the Beast is taking over my life. You know the Disney movie?
Well, they moved it to Broadway. And since it's not on Broadway anymore, our town has decided to perform it. My husband is going to be this guy:
I wanted to be the French maid who flirts with him, but they figured it would be awkward to have a pregnant French maid. Sigh. So instead I'm the sugar bowl. My costume is shaped a little like this lady:

Which reminds me: have you ever tried to make a teapot costume for a full-grown adult woman? It's not easy. And I would know. Because my AMAZING mother is in charge of costumes for this play, I've been called into service as her assistant. It's rather like being a working mother, I've discovered--I show up at about 10:00 every day, drop my child off into her complimentary day care service (I love having younger siblings who are so responsible!), then work till about 9 at night, when I head home and try to find something for my famished husband to eat. It's crazy. We finally finished Mrs. P two days ago (HURRAY!). She looks awesome. But I don't want to show you any pictures till you see the final product on the actual actress (my old choir teacher, Mrs. Flake--who is also amazing). But I will give you a small sample of what we have produced:
This is Chip. You know, her son? He's not finished in this picture (he is now, however), but look at all that gold embellishment. Guess who TOTALLY did that--by hand--with puff paint. Yep. Me. You have my permission to be impressed. I made the cup and saucer, too, out of foam. I do love foam.
Anyways, so this is why you may not be hearing from me much until July is over. We still have about 20 very difficult costumes we have to make by the end of June. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. But it will definitely be cool. Very cool.

Comments

Heather said…
Holy crap! You guys are impressive.
russandkatie said…
can I buy some of the costumes from you for Halloween??? they are awesome!!!
trine k said…
that looks amazing!! I can't wait to see all the other costumes, you must promise to show more off!! Esp the Mrs Potts one since I've been hearing so much about it...! :) Have you been feeling better? I sure hope so!
jonnajack said…
Beauty & the Beast is my MOST favorite Disney movie. I am so impressed with all the hard work you guys are putting into it! I hope that I will be able to come see it!
Jennifer said…
I'm going to come visit you and your mom down in your sweat shop one of these days! Maybe I can get a sneak peek at Mrs. Potts!
Wow! I am very impressed! Way to go! I haven't checked blogs in a while and was pleased to see your updates! Congrats on baby #2!