Promotion!!

Jack is excited. Not only is he grown up enough that he's now running, learning to talk, and getting tall enough to open the kitchen drawers (help!), but he's been promoted...to the position of big brother (I was going to capitalize that title, but it looked a little...1984-ish).
Yep, we're pregnant again!! I'm about 13 weeks along, we got to hear the heartbeat two weeks ago, (which was just as amazing as it was with Jack), and I just felt the little one moving inside of me for the first time tonight, which gave me such thrills. It's such an incredible feeling to realize that, once again, there's another little life inside of me, growing and developing. I'm hoping that the sick, yucky part of the pregnancy will pass soon...it's definitely been a learning experience, trying to keep up with a very busy 13-month-old and an even busier puppy while trying not to puke, but hopefully after a couple more weeks, I'll be past the really sick stage.
This baby (Steve's calling her LaFawnda the Spawn-da) is due on November 14th, so we're expecting to have us a Thanksgiving baby, which should be fun. We just told our families last week (Steve's brother, Andrew, came home from his mission last Wednesday, so we figured that would be a good time to tell everyone), and although my mom and sisters were not surprised (they know me well enough that they could tell I was sick), I think most everyone else we told was. Hopefully, including you folks!!

Comments

Alicia said…
Congrats!!! That is the BEST news ever (except for the being sick part...) and I'm so happy for you!! How fun! And not to take away from the joy but your 1984 joke really got me. Ha ha!
Claire said…
YAY!!! I was just getting stuff ready for my business show tomorrow and found some of the pics we did of Jack when he was just a litty bitty thing. Made me miss you guys even more. My photo skillz have gotten better since he was born. You know, if you need newborn pics of the newest little busch baby! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
The Rector Clan said…
Congrats! :) How exciting! We really need to get together...I still haven't even met your first little one and now you are having another one. :)
Cristin said…
Congratulations! That is exciting. I can't wait to find out if it is a girl or boy!
Shauni said…
Yay, congrats! I'm surprised you were able to keep quiet for so long...I would have been bursting to tell my mom! I'm glad you're starting to feel better!
Brie said…
Um, can you please keep the "Steve- name" even after the baby is born? Pretty much the coolest name ever.

Congrats! That is very exciting and yes I was surprised!
Amber said…
That's very exciting! Congratulations!
Heather said…
WOOOHOOO!!!! You really are a superhero, Jewelio. Seriously, every time I talk to you, you are more and more of a grown-up.
Stephanie said…
Congratulations Jewel! You are such an amazing mom. I hope you get feeling better soon, and I can't wait to hear i it's a boy or girl!
Katrina Rasband said…
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!
Jennifer said…
Hope you feel better fast! You look great!
Jenn said…
congrats! so happy for you guys! love you, & miss you!
Well I definatley was surpised. You always look amazing to me!!! Congratulations. It is a wonderful thing. There is nothing quite like a new baby.