Everything's Coming Up....Weeds

Dear Neighbors,

We appreciate your patience with our terrible, weed-ridden yard full of dying plants of every variety.
We're trying to landscape. We really are. But when my husband works 60+ hours a week and I'm feeling too tired and yucky to even take care of the inside of our house, much less the outside, we don't get a lot done. I'm sorry for that. I really am. But we're working on it--we planted two apple trees today, my husband bought me one of those topsy-turvey tomato planters for Mother's Day, and we have four daffodils that actually have bloomed!! FOUR!!
Now, who cares if the numerous tulips we planted have all been blown to death by the cursed Snowflake wind? Or if our lawn is actually more weeds than lawn, and that which is grass is about two feet high because we don't own a lawn mower (yet)? We're working on it. Really. Okay, well, we're not actually working on it yet, but we feel guilty for how terrible it looks. How's that?
Hopefully by the end of the summer we will at least have grass in the front yard. That's the goal.
Again, thank you for your patience.

Love,
Steve, Jewel, and Jack
P.S. I would include pictures, but they would just depress me. And probably you.

Comments

Heather said…
Oh, you are so cute.
Jennifer said…
Cute post! :)

What you need is some Weed and Feed...works like a charm on those cursed weeds and helps the grass....I haven't seen your yard....but i am CERTAIN that it isn't the worst on the block yet!And, give yourself a break! You're creating a human here...that's harder than yard work (for you...)
Larson Family said…
Congratulations Jewel! On the pregnancy, that is. Although, the blooming daffodils is an accomplishment too.