Jack Update

I just realized that I've been rather neglecting updates on my little boy. So, here goes:
We went to the doctor a month ago (at 7 months) for a well-baby visit. At the time, he weighed 23 lbs. and was 33 inches long--in the 100th percentile for both height and weight. I'm not surprised. This kid is huge.
He's already wearing 18-month clothing (now that he's 8 months old), and carrying him anywhere in his carseat is a crazy workout!
He is insanely curious (he's too big for his bumbo now--this picture was taken two months ago, but I liked how it showed his exploration for every and anything), and he especially loves to get into things that he can tell aren't allowed. Power cords are a big favorite.
This kid has no fear--Steve tries to startle him and surprise him in so many ways, and sometimes he'll jump a little, but immediately he'll start giggling. He loves people and will go to just about anyone, but he does like to keep me in sight...he gets nervous if I leave the room for too long.

He started crawling a month and a half ago--he had been warming up for it for a couple of months already, and we were beginning to think he would go straight to walking, because he kept trying to stand up before he would try to crawl, but then one day he just took off! Ironically, that was the same day he pulled himself up to stand on the furniture. I was nervous that he would really rather walk, but it's been a month and a half and he still likes crawling (although he LOVES to be standing up). He's quite quick, in fact--as I can attest by the many plates of food he's dumped in my lap when I thought they were far enough out of his reach.
He's also started the phase where whatever I'm eating is far more interesting than the boring baby food we're trying to give him, so it's been fun to see him experimenting with different tastes.
I sure love this boy, and I'm enjoying having such an adventerous, mischevious, curious little boy to chase around. This time is sure flying!!

Comments

Heather said…
JEWEL. I'm sure I've said this before, but that kid's eyes are RIDICULOUS. The ladies won't stand a chance.
Jennifer said…
Oh...he's a cutie alright!
Sare said…
CUTE!!!! and the family photos are adorable!!! but I'm glad I can't smell you too..gross..