Working in the yard...ish

I have a problem. I rarely finish projects that I've started. And it drives me NUTS to have unfinished projects lying around the house--but I can't seem to stop getting distracted once I've started a project by another project that needs finishing. For example:
Steve had work off, so we went by Home Depot and bought what we needed to finally get some landscaping done in front of our house (right now, it looks like very natural high desert landscaping--basically dirt, rocks, and some GINORMOUS tumble weeds that Jack got lost in the other day).
We spent lots of money.
Then we came home, and it just happened to be the windiest day we've experienced since living up here in Snowflake. We worked on the "lawn," picked all the tumbleweeds, planted four of the shrubs...and then had to quit. The sandblasting effect was just too painful, and I felt like I was drowning in dirt.
So our yard is level, at least--but I have no idea when we'll get it done. Sigh.

Comments

Kelly said…
No way lady, you finished Jack's room in AN AFTERNOON. You have the ability to do it, it was nature that was conspiring against you.

Darn nature.
Jennifer said…
Oh the joys of having a yard!

Let's have a family yard project at your house!....but really...what can you do this late in the year but plant some evergreen plants????