Disney Recap

Warning:
Once again, I'm going to give you a picture overload. I'll try to make comments in between so they're not totally overwhelming, but I can't promise anything. We left for Disneyland on Monday, stayed the night at Mom and Dad Busch's house that night, then met up with Shauna and drove to California on Tuesday. To tell you the truth, I was actually terrified about this trip. I've never been to a theme park with a baby before, and I know how Jack gets when he's in a car for too long, when he doesn't get a nap, etc. Plus, Steve and Shauna are both huge Disney afficionados, so I was worried that it would be a stressful trip. But I prayed really hard, took a breath, and dove in. Jack even helped me pack:
And surprisingly enough, he slept almost the entire way there!
When we got there, it was surprisingly busy--especially for an October. If there were one thing I would change about the trip, I would have remembered that we were going on Columbus Day weekend and changed the day.
But Steve and Jack were thrilled to be in the Haunted Mansion--Jack actually did surprisingly well on the rides!
He also enjoyed meeting some of the characters--Cinderella is Steve's favorite. (We went to Mickey's Trick-or-treat party on Thursday night, hence the costumes. Steve's Prince Charming, Jack is Squirt...I couldn't find a Cinderella dress, so I'm Cinderella on her wedding day, and Shauna is Ugly Better)
Steve as Prince Charming
Like I said, Jack LOVED the characters. He just started giggling and laughing every time he met one
The whole group. I love Jack's face in this picture
And his face right here made the entire trip worth it... the stress, the money...everything. It was totally worth it. :)

Comments

Heather said…
Woo woo for Disney!!
Jennifer said…
What a fun time! Jack looks like he's ready to go again!