No Offense

Okay. I'm going to be incredibly uncharitable for a moment.

Does anyone else get sick of those people who are so easily offended by everything and everyone all the time?

We're not in Jr. High, people. But here are these full-grown adults acting like 12-year-olds. They either:

1) Refuse to talk to you but tell everyone else that they're mad at you--or that you're mad at them

2) Act like everything's great to your face but hold in all of this resentment till the moment's right to blow it up in your face and bring up all of the things you've ever done to offend them or

3) Just drop little hints of the fact that they're offended for you to pick up and act on, if you will.

Do any of those things sound like something 40-50-year-olds should be doing?

The funny thing is that these people are also usually the ones who are so willing to share their (sometimes entirely offensive) opinions on everything.

It kind of makes me want to print off several copies of this talk by Elder Bednar and hand it out like candy.

Comments

Our Ohana said…
WOW! I am SO glad you posted this so I know I am not the only one dealing with this! You really would think that grown adults would be mature enough to avoid this!! It's SOOOOO frustrating! Good luck!
Heather said…
Ooooo, I love a little Jewel sass! :)
Cristin said…
Amen. I encountered this at the park today. Long story. I left feeling the exact same things you just said. Ohhhh, some people.
Eva said…
The older I get the more I realize that some adults are just big kids.
Eva said…
That is not always a bad thing;)
Jennifer said…
Oh YES....I hear where you are coming from! The best thing to do is make them squirm by confronting them and then laugh to yourself while they act like nothing is wrong at all....these are usually the same people who offend others and never ever say , "I'm sorry".

Life is good.

I need to read that article!

Can't wait to see ya Saturday! :)
Shauni said…
Did you HAVE to post that picture? I was distraught enough to see it on Facebook! Man, was I a nerdy-looking freshman (or sophomore?)! Good times...
Sare said…
UMMM...WHAT HAPPENED???

Just catching up here - Jacks adorable, and I'm sure Steve appreciated you translating the bid for him! LOL

Hysterical that the little boy already knew his little brother... who wasn't even conceived yet!! awesome!