Feels good to get things done

I am quite proud of myself, and this post is probably going to be a little bit braggy. That being said, I decided on Tuesday to get Jack's room painted, finally--it was just plain white before (sorry, no before pics--just imagine a white room), with absolutely nothing on the walls (because Steve made me promise not to hang any pictures till we'd painted). I got to work, and by the time Steve came home for lunch, I was finishing hanging the last picture on the wall!! Of course, I couldn't have done it without my awesome cousin Michelle who came over and kept Jack occupied while I was busy in his room. But still--pretty proud. What do you think?
The lighting in this picture is awful--and you can ignore the cardboard box holding all of his toys for now till we get a real toy box. Just look at the walls :)
Aren't the animals cute? They're decals that Steve found on sale at Target...a LOOOONG time ago.
My favorite part of this picture (besides the adorable magnet board our friends Misty and Sarah made for us) is the fact that the diapers are now hanging directly next to the changing table (or dresser I use as a changing table--don't judge). Before, they were hanging off the side of his crib, and if I forgot to grab a diaper before I started changing him, I was always left with the choice of a) either letting him go for the split second it would take me to cross the room and grab a diaper and risk him falling off to his death or b) picking my poopy baby up after his diaper was already removed to go grab a diaper. Fun times. So this new arrangement is quite a bit more convenient.
Anyways, that's what I've been up to. And I'm sore and tired, but Steve's face was worth it. He was so impressed. As he should have been. :)

Comments

Amy said…
I'm very impressed. I'm way to chicken (or is it lazy?) to attempt to paint with the kids here...I could just see Josh grabbing a paintbrush and painting everything in sight!
Lindsey said…
The room looks great Jewel. Good job!
Kelly said…
It *does* feel good to get things done. I love a good sense of accomplishment whenever a can wrap my greedy little fingers around it... but it sometimes elludes me, being that I have to put forth the effort first.

DARLING room. Jack is a lucky boy :)
Sare said…
YEAH for having his room done!! it looks great!!!
Jennifer said…
It turned out so cute! I can't wait to come over and see it! You ROCK! Wanna come paint my house? (Just kidding)

Hooray for Michelle for watching Jack! :)
Celeste Dana said…
So Cute Jewel. Way to go!