California Trip!!

So, we had our California trip with my family--what a crazy trip!! Don't worry--we bought batteries (finally) so now we have TONS of pictures to make up for the lack thereof in previous posts.

Isn't that a good picture of Jack smiling? This is on Sunday morning in the hotel room--that's my sister-in-law, Danica holding him and McKay hugging her.

Mom Busch bought these little sandals for Jack to wear at the beach...however...his feet were too fat to fit in them. Sad day!!
We had originally planned on riding in Shiloh and Danica's car with them, but when their car broke down 30 miles outside of Needles, we ended up all riding in the same van together--all 16 of us!! Wow.
You can't see everyone, especially since Danica is hiding behind Shiloh, but they're all there. Trust me.

Isn't this a great picture of Steve? We took this one right after the Memorial Day Beecroft Runoff. This was the 29th annual race--my Grandpa Beecroft was the one who started it, and it's still going strong--there were over 200 people there! (Granted, at least 76 of us were there for the reunion, but still)
Jayze and I goofing off after the race--I was able to run the first half without stopping to walk!! I was so proud of myself!!

My mom and her siblings: L-R: Julie, Lisa, Mom (Pam), Jackie, Debi, and Jon
I love this picture--they had so much fun being together again!
Else, my cousin, had her baby, Charlotte, 3 days before Jack (even though she was due after I was), and yet Jack is still way bigger!! It was so fun to see the two of them!

I spent a lot of time doing this: feeding Jack in the car. Fun times. Luckily, Jack was actually a WONDERFUL little traveler. He spent the main part of both 12-hour drives either sleeping or cooing and giggling at us. Thank goodness.
Me at the beach...it was FREEZING that morning, but when the sun came out later that day, it got a bit more comfortable.

Jack at the beach in his little beach outfit...

Steve and I in our wetsuits...without them, there's no way I would have even attempted to get in the water. Thanks, Aunt Debi, for letting us use all of your stuff!!

We even attempted to surf--Steve was successful a few times. Me, not so much.
So, those are a few highlights from our trip--I have a ton more pictures, but they take forever to download, and Jack doesn't have a very long attention span, so we'll see...the trip was wonderful, however, despite the technical difficulties with the cars. I loved getting to see some of my cousins who I haven't seen in a long time, and just sitting around and talking and hearing about all of them was absolutely wonderful.
I do owe Steve, however. 12 hours in a car with all of my siblings--yes. I owe him big time. Any ideas on how I can make it up to him?

Comments

I loved that trip so much. I still need to send those pictures to you. I took some more with steve in them too.
Cristin said…
It was wonderful to see all of you! And yes, you DO owe Steve for making that car trip. That sounds insane.
Olivia* said…
That looks like so much fun!!I want to go to the beach so badly with Brayden. Way to go trying to surf, I've always wanted to but never have had the chance, yet. Jewel, you look AMAZING! It doesn't even look like you had a baby! I'm also glad to hear that you are loving being up in snowflake! Continue to keep us updated on your little family!
Brie said…
Um, nice bathing suit body Jewel! Way to bounce back from having a baby, you look beautiful!
Heather said…
I tooooootally concur with the body, babe. Having a baby did your body good! And I absolutely adore your swimsuit! Where'd you get it, so I can maybe possibly kind of sort of look at stealing your look?

P.S. I loooooooove you!!!!!!!
Jewel said…
Actually, Heather, it was Target--I had forgotten my regular swimsuit on the trip, so we stopped in Flagstaff on the way. I liked the skirt.

And don't be fooled, I'm totally sucking in in that picture--that's why I liked it. :)
Sare said…
hmmm...A trip to phoenix to see his friends should work...Miss you guys!!! Glad you had fun in Cali!!
Jennifer said…
It ain't a family vacation without a car breaking down huh? I know how that is....

...looks like you guys had a blast...glad you all made it back home safe and sound!!!
Else said…
Jewel it was so fun to see you and your whole family. We sure miss you guys out here in CA. I am so glad Charlotte and Jack could be reacquainted. He is so fun... just be careful when teaching him to swim... :-)
Debi Lassen said…
It was so much fun having all of you here in California and it made John and I very happy that you loved our favorite beach spot and could use the wetsuites and boards.
Hurry back soon!
Love you lots,
Aunt Debi