These Pictures Say It All

Something I would not recommend to anyone: moving with a one-month-old newborn. Just don't do it. Especially when you're required to move within a time period of two weeks.

The past few weeks have been wonderfully exhausting--we're now officially moved in to our new apartment (pictures to come soon...our camera's batteries were dead and I don't know where the charger is...excuses, excuses, I know), and as of today, we even have most of the boxes unpacked and even some pictures up on the wall. So tonight, this is a little of how I feel:



Just a few little updates, since I haven't posted for a while:

Jack has started smiling! The first time I saw him really smile was last Tuesday--he was asleep, but he started laughing and grinning like crazy, the entire time with his eyes closed. Luckily, Steve got to see it, too--he's smiled and laughed several times since then, but I have yet to catch it on camera, mostly because they're rather fleeting moments. Still, they melt my heart, every time. He's also cooing and gurgling, as well as sitting up in his Bumbo--my baby's not a newborn anymore!! Sigh.

We had Jack's blessing last Sunday, the 26th, down in our old ward in Glendale. It was absolutely beautiful--Steve gave him such a sweet blessing, and afterwards, we had a nice brunch with several family members and friends who were able to make it in a local park. Luckily, the weather was gorgeous--not too hot or anything, so it all turned out better than I could have hoped.

Steve's adjusting to his new branch and his new home town...I know it's a big adjustment to go from living in the city your entire life to moving to a town where the Dairy Queen closes at 8:00 at night. Not so fun. But he's being such a trooper, and he's already seeing some really great progress with some of his staff, so that's been quite exciting. Plus, it's been fun for us to go out at night and watch the stars--something I've missed.

Other than the move and all of the craziness that goes along with it, as well as me adjusting to being a mommy, there's not a lot to report. But I knew I had to get on here and blog again--I hope you'll all forgive my absence...and hopefully, I'll once again be more regular at posting.

Comments

Claire said…
I miss you!!! Come back... :( I am so sad I missed Jack's blessing. I totally forgot you'd be blessing him and I woke up on Sunday feeling so sick... So I stayed home from church. Dang it all.

Glad you are getting settled in. Let us know when you are up for visitors... :D Just kidding. Well, half kidding. We just miss you guys lots.
Heather said…
I love how Jack is all curled up in that second picture. He is way too cute.

I'm glad you're settled, but sorry it was so rough! I just moved and it was a huge pain in the patootie with a business trip falling on the same weekend, but I only moved 7 or so blocks east and didn't have a baby! You win.
Jennifer said…
You're doing great Jewel! I know it's hard to have a newborn and move...but you DID it! Give yourself a high five!

Love ya!
Jessica said…
I don't recommend moving in two weeks no matter how old you baby is! He is getting so big! It does happen fast. I am glad you guys are doing well. We will be up there next weekend for mother's day. We need to get together!
Sarah M Eden said…
So glad you're settling in. We miss you guys TONS!
Lindsey said…
I'm glad to hear that you survived the move. Ben and I will have to make a detour and visit you the next time we go to Springerville.