Big Changes

So, you know how in my last post, I mentioned that Steve had a very important phone interview? Well, we found out last night that despite sounding like Sid the Sloth, he got the position!!

Now for the big news--the position he had interviewed for is actually as the store manager...in the Snowflake branch of Wells Fargo. He met today with his new boss, and found out that they want him to start within 2 to 3 weeks, which means us moving up to Snowflake in that time frame. WOW.

We had always planned on ending up in Snowflake eventually, but we honestly had no idea that an opportunity like this (not only is it a promotion, but it's a pretty good raise, as well) would come up so soon. When Steve was offered the position, we were flabbergasted. We are super excited about moving up to Snowflake, but at the same time, it's a very bittersweet feeling, because we have so many wonderful friends and family down here. Leaving Steve's parents is going to be especially hard, not to mention our amazing ward and the friends we've made from other areas.

I'm also feeling a little bit overwhelmed to think that we have to find a place to live, pack, and be ready to move within three weeks--especially with a newborn who I feel like I'm feeding literally 24-7. But it will all work out. And this is obviously where Heavenly Father wants us to be. So I just have to have faith and take it one day at a time, right?

Not going to lie, though--we're excited.

Comments

Kelly said…
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's such a wonderful blessing!!

And it you're coming up through Flagstaff, I miiiight know a place you can stop of a comfier feeding and diaper change and even FOOD if you want. Please keep my offer in mind, friend. I'd LOVE to see you!

HOORAY!! :)
Jennifer said…
"I'm so excited....I just can't hide it..."

WOOHOO!!! Sounds like you're going into this new adventure with your eyes open!!!!

Hope we get to be neighbors!!!! :)

LOVE YA!
Our Ohana said…
WOW!! That is AWESOME!! Congratulations! What an amazing blessing!! Somehow everything will get done and your how packed up - even with a newborn!! And hopefully you can find a place to live quick - I'm sure it helps that you know everyone in Snowflake ;o)

Very exciting news! Keep us updated!!
Olivia* said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olivia* said…
I'm so glad it all worked out! And not going to lie, I will miss you a lot! If you need help with anything, like packing I am only hop, skip away! Let me know. and it is possible to move with a newborn. Brayden was 2 weeks old when we packed and moved to Phx. So somehow everything gets packed and ready to go. :) SO happy for you guys!! YAY!
Vandee said…
YEAH! We are excited for you! And congrats to Steve. You are welcome to join 6th ward! :) I keep telling Jennifer she should be over here too!
Jewel, Jewel, Jewel! I am going to miss you guys so much! But how awesome it was Snowflake!:)
Stephanie said…
Congratulations! That is such great news, and I'm sure your family will be thrilled to have you living closer. And now I can hopefully come by and visit you next time I'm down in Pinetop!
Shalise said…
Wow-I can't believe it! Congrats-we'll miss you guys! Let me know how I can help.
Shalise said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shalise said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
russandkatie said…
that is so amazing! I'm not gonna lie, I'm super bummed for us! but way excited for you guys!!! How cool!
Claire said…
:( I'm totally in tears over here. YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!!!!!! I'm going to miss you guys so much. Oh goodness. We're fighting. Find a place big enough that I can come visit for a weekend kay... gosh dang you guys.
Claire said…
Ok- I sound kind of selfish in my comment... I am really, really happy for you guys. I know how badly you wanted to move up to Snowflake and I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm just sad...
Shauni said…
Congrats, Jewel and Steve! I'm sad we didn't ever get to hang out the three months we were in the same town...OK, I guess we did go to lunch that one time...but I'm excited for you! I can definitely testify that moving with a baby is really hard. I'm definitely willing to help!
Sarah M Eden said…
Way to go guys! I am so happy for you. (Not going to say how I feel for ME.) The one time we were in Snowflake we really liked it, so maybe we'll come visit you guys sometime. You'll have room for four lunatics from Phoenix, right!!!
John and Lisa said…
Is this the same Snowflake Branch that you are posing in front of on your wedding day???? How ironic is THAT??? Congratulations you guys.
Cristin said…
Wow! Congratulations. That is very exciting and it sounds like a great job!
Amy said…
Congratulations Jewel & Steve! That's so exciting! Good luck finding a place to live and getting all settled in...I must say I don't envy the packing and moving part, though. Especially with a new baby!
Diana said…
Wow! What an adventure! One more crazy thing to add to your list of things that have happened in the last year. I am sure your family is SO excited to be close to you and Steve, but especially Jack! What a cutie!
Let me know if you need boxes. I have a few hook-ups. Ü