Bragging Rights

Warning: This post may contain lots of gushing, which may or may not induce jealousy and/or nausea. Consider yourselves warned.

So, I've decided that I am officially married to the best man ever. Case in point: Valentine's Day 2009.

For those of you who know Steve, you know that he's not a big fan of Valentine's Day--at least, not of all the dancing stuffed animals with heart-shaped boxes of chocolates and bouquets of flowers that suddenly triple in price. He's quite vocal about it, in fact. That being said, this Valentine's Day was truly amazing--and it totally took me by surprise. First off, he surprised me on Friday morning when he woke me up and announced that he wasn't going to work that day. WHAT?!?! He totally got the day off so that we could have a long Valentine's weekend...and surprised me by not saying anything about it until that morning!!
So, we went out for breakfast (thank you, IHOP), and then we bought a movie and took it home to watch (he had originally planned to take me to the movies, but I'm not so good at sitting in one position for that long any more these days...thanks to Jr, here), and then spent the rest of the day just relaxing, talking, enjoying each others' company, etc. That night, he took me to Ah-So's, a really nice teppanaki (sp?) place, and then we came home, watched our movie (the Truman Show...he'd never seen it), and fell asleep.
I thought that was going to be it--but wait, there's more!! So, on actual Valentine's Day, he let me sleep in, and then woke me up with breakfast in bed (aw...so sweet). He asked what I wanted for dinner, and then went to the store to go get the extra stuff he needed in order to cook me dinner that night. When he got back, he went in the room for a bit, and then invited me to come look--he had gotten me a day at the "spa," complete with bubble bath, stuff for massages, facials, pedicures, the works!! Honestly, I can't tell you the last time I felt so spoiled...and even though it was funny watching him sometimes when he didn't really know what he was doing (the facial and the pedicure were especially interesting), for him to get me such a thoughtful, involved gift was really the most amazing thing I could have ever dreamed of for my Valentine's Day--and offering a 9-month-pregnant woman a footrub? Pure inspiration.
And, to top it all off, that night he made the most amazing lemon chicken, complete with caesar salad, steamed veggies, creamy mashed potatoes, and an incredible chocolate/peanut butter cheesecake dessert, AND he cleaned up the kitchen afterward.
I LOVE my husband.

Comments

Sarah M Eden said…
Oooh. Love lemon chicken. Do you have a recipe?
And good goin' Steve - major man points on that one!
Alicia said…
Nothing feels better than pampering when you're pregnant. That's awesome!!
And he cooked? Double awesome! His Mom raised him right! Ha ha!
Wow! You deserve to get spoiled! How fun! I'm glad Steve is so good to you!