I Love my Husband...

...But sometimes he does strange things.



Case in point: one night he came in as he was shaving and showed me his new look. Remember, Steve hates to shave.

Cute, huh?

So lately he's had this kick where he invented this "game." When I'm working in our miniscule kitchen, whether it be cleaning, putting things away, or getting dinner ready (and in Steve's defense, he's usually GREAT about helping around the kitchen), he'll back up so his bum is touching mine, and the rule of the game is that whoever pulls away first (so our bums aren't touching) loses and has to give the other person a kiss. And of course, he's never satisfied with simply following me around backwards, keeping his bum touching mine--he'll usually start tickling me (which I hate) until I pull away, and then bug me until I give him a kiss. And he's never satisfied with a peck on the lips, either. It has to be a "good" kiss.
Who does that?!?! My husband.
Now, I'm not saying I don't like to kiss my husband--on the contrary, I really enjoy kissing him. But sometimes, when I'm starving and trying to get dinner on the table so I (I mean, we) can eat, I'm not in the mood to reward my husband for trying to be obnoxious. Is that weird?
Sometimes I feel like I'm living with a 5-year-old. But it is endearing, I suppose. I guess it's a good sign that he still comes up with excuses to get me to kiss him, right?
*Disclaimer: I'm usually not one to throw my husband under the bus. But yesterday, as we were playing the aforementioned game, I threatened him that if he didn't stop, I was going to blog about it. As you can tell, the game continued, against my wishes.

Comments

Claire said…
Sounds like something Scott would come up with! :D
Kelly said…
i love that even thought i don't know steve i kinda feel like i do now because that is SO something ted would do. plus, we had a TINY kitchen when we were first married and he could've done that in there. anyway, i think this post is awesome whether you did it because you threatened or not. it's great!
Pam said…
Yeah, I hate when Steve does that to me too!
Jennifer said…
Next time you should just let one rip...that might keep him away for a while!

Pam! LOVE your comment! :) LOL!
John and Lisa said…
I'm laughing outloud!!! You have a gem!!!!!! (although I have to agree...who DOES that???- Steve...you are one in more than a million, I think!)