Thanksgiving!!!

Our Thanksgiving break was absolutely wonderful--I was, of course, thrilled about the fact that Steve got Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off, and we took full advantage of that fact and went into full vacation mode for the four days we had together! To top it all off, our good friends, Connie and Don Gardener, had invited us to stay at a time share they had at a resort that was roughly 25 minutes from our house, and absolutely BEAUTIFUL--of course, we forgot to take our camera, so no pictures, but take my word for it. We were so excited to get to stay somewhere nice!



For Thanksgiving dinner, we got to spend it with our Busch family, which was so much fun. Mom Busch cooked dinner for us, which was absolutely DELICIOUS (of course, I ate waaaay too much), and afterwards we all went to Brian and Margo's (Steve's aunt and uncle) house to spend time with the rest of the family and eat dessert. I just love Steve's family. It's amazing to me how fun it is to get to see different traditions and ways of doing things, as well as the similarities our families have. I feel so blessed that I can honestly say that I look forward to spending time with my in-laws!



After dessert, we all sat around playing board games, and there were times I even got a little bit choked up, thinking of all the times I've sat around with my grandparents, aunts, and uncles, playing games, eating, talking, and laughing together. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better way to spend Thanksgiving, and even though it was a little bit bittersweet, missing my Grandma and Grandpa Beecroft and Grandpa Flake, I felt so grateful for the fact that now I have four new grandparents that have been so willing to adopt me and love me, not to mention all of the other new family members I have!



So, how was your Thanksgiving?



*And, for the record, I ended up making three pies: apple, key lime, and pumpkin...the apple and key lime turned out okay (they weren't very pretty, but they tasted good, at least!), and we didn't even get to the pumpkin yet, there were so many other desserts there! So I froze it, and we'll have to have it some other time. I'll let you know if it was terrible. :)

Comments