Christmas!!!

Okay, I am literally just killing time until I can go pick Steve up from work and we can head up to Snowflake--I am so excited right now, I can hardly stand it. It's Christmas Eve!! I LOVE Christmas, and this week has already been so full of "Christmas Magic" that I already feel so spoiled.

We had a Christmas celebration with Steve's family (grandparents, cousins, parents, etc.) on Sunday night, and I can't even describe how enjoyable that was for me. Sitting around with family, opening gifts, playing games, and reminiscing about Christmases that we've enjoyed before was like water to a thirst I didn't know I had. I really had missed Christmas these last two years (although Christmas on my mission was magical in a completely different way), and to get to experience it again, this time with my husband's family, was just wonderful.

Then, last night, my husband came home with my big Christmas gift: a glider rocking chair (pictures to come)!!! Oh, my heavens!! He knew there was no way we could get that up to Snowflake in our Yaris, so he decided to give it to me a day early. I had honestly wanted one pretty badly for when the baby came, but I didn't even want to bring it up, because we still don't know where to put it. Right now it's in the middle of our (already somewhat crowded) front room, but I sat in it for hours last night. It's so nice to have a chair to sit on that I don't feel like I need a crane to lift me out of. :)

So tomorrow is going to be amazing. I am already excited for the excitement of Christmas morning with my family--the little kids' faces when they see what Santa brought them, watching them open the gifts we got them, and just the joy that comes along with Christmas. And I'm really, REALLY hoping for a white Christmas!! Fingers crossed!

Comments

Jewel!

I finally am leaving a comment.:S So sorry. If you want to look at my blog, send an email to my mom with your email address, and we will send you an invite!

Jeri
O and I totally LOVE Christmas!!!!!!!!! It's my favorite!
Claire said…
Yay for a glider rocker!! Way to go Steve!! Drive safe, have fun and I hope you get your white Christmas!
Pam said…
So fun! Merry Christmas!
Jennifer said…
I have been hoping for a white Christmas too....I guess it's still not too late!