Christmas Decorations

So, my family's tradition is to set up the Christmas tree (and other decorations) the day after Thanksgiving. Here's a little taste of what we did on Friday!!
Me with the wreath that I actually decorated all by myself!! Aren't you impressed?

We don't have a chimney, so our stockings have to be "hung by the couch with care..."

Our piano-topper...and some of the millions of pieces of music I've had to learn for various musical numbers I've volunteered for. Am I crazy? Yes. Most definitely.

The tree...not lit because we couldn't get a good view of the tree after it was lit. The camera was being dumb. But still, isn't it pretty?

Steve, threading on some of the 1,000 lights we used to make our tree magical.
So there you go!! What style of Christmas decorations do you like to use? Cutesy? Classy? Whatever the kids made in school that year? I'd love to hear about your Christmas traditions!

Comments

John and Lisa said…
Each year our kids get a new ornament from Hallmark. (I used to work at a Hallmark store back in high school...so I kind of got drawn to them!). Well...Now we have 6 children, and we've been doing this since Jonna was 6 months old, so you can imagine how many ornaments we have, that just belong to the kids!(82) Plus, John and I started collecting our own about 10 years ago, because I decided that when the kids grew up and took all their ornaments, we'd have nothing left! So our tree has no beautiful uniform theme...it looks more like a "Santa's Workshop" tree. But the kids love it, and especially when they're little, they love to actually play with the ornaments during the month of December, putting them back on the tree each night. By the time Christmas comes around, the tree looks pretty tired. We put our tree up last night, and the new ornaments are up for this year. The rest of the ornaments are still boxed up...so this week will be the task of getting them all up! Wish us luck! By the way...Love your tree too! 1000 lights???? Wow!
Jennifer said…
Love your Christmas decorations...can you come help me with mine???

Our decorations are a mix of things we got at the dollar store when we were first married...things people have given us...

I do love Christmas decocrations but hesitate to have nice ones with kids around!!!
Unknown said…
Beautiful tree! We haven't started the Christmas decorations yet...still cleaning up from Thanksgiving! I have one week leave for my work and gonna start decorations and my kids are going to help me in this.